CALOR GAS HEATER
DUCTED BLOW HEATER
Starting the Heater
To turn on the machine, do the following:
Flip the On/Off switch to the position with the symbol: ON - the fan comes on and after several seconds the heater starts burning. The first time the heater is used, or after the fuel circuit has been completely drained, the flow of fuel oil to the nozzle may be insufficient and may activate the flame cut out mechanism, which will turn off the heater. If this happens, wait for about a minute and then press the reset button to start the machine again.
The first steps to take if the machine does not work are the following:
1. Check that there is fuel in the tank.
2. Press the reset button
Turning off the Heater
To turn off the machine move the On/Off switch to the the ‘OFF’ position. The flame will go off and the fan will continue to function until the combustion chamber has cooled down completely.
The heater is equipped with an electronic device to control the flame. If there is an anomaly in the functioning, the machine will be turned off and the reset button light will come on. An over-heating thermostat cuts in and shuts off the fuel supply if the heater overheats: the thermostat resets itself automatically when the temperature in the combustion chamber diminishes and reaches the maximum permitted value.
Before turning the heater on again, the cause of the overheating must be identified and removed (for example, a blockage in the suction orifice and/or of the air flow duct, the non-functioning of the fan). To turn the machine on again, press the reset button and repeat the specific instructions outlined in the section ‘Starting the Heater’.
WARNING: The electric power cable of the heater must be earthed and must have a differential magnetothermal switch. The electric plug must be connected to a socket which has a disconnecting switch.
CHAFING DISH – ELECTRIC HEATER
1. PLUG APPLIANCE IN
2. PLACE THE HEATER UNDER THE CHAFING DISH
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE THE APPLIANCE IS PLUGGED IN THE BODY OF THE UNIT WILL BECOME HOT AND THE INDICATING LIGHT WILL TURN RED. THE MAXIMUM TEMPRATURE OF THE WATER PAN CAN BE HEATED TO 80±5˚C. IT TAKES ABOUT 90 MINUTES FOR COLD WATER (25 DEGREE) AND 30 MINUTES FOR HOT WATER (60 DEGREE) TO REACH ITS MAXIMUM TEMPRATURE. TO ACHIEVE A QUICKER TIME FOR SERVING HOT WATER IS RECCOMENEDED. ONCE THE APPLIANCE IS TURNED OFF THE UNIT WILL STOP HEATING HOWEVER THE UNIT WILL STILL BE HOT!
1. Plug the bubble machine into the plug socket.
2. Fill up the machine with bubble fluid
- Loosen the screw at the front of the bubble machine until the lid can easily be lifted
- Pour the bubble fluid into the black box - Shut the lid and tighten the screw
3. Switch the button at the back of the machine to number 1.
4. Once you have finished using the machine please empty the fluid.
COFFEE PERCOLATOR1. Remove the lid by rotating so that the retaining lugs slide out from the handles.
2. Pour cool water into the urn to the desired level as seen in the water level indicator (minimum 25 cups)
3. Fill the basket (number 3) with medium or percolator ground coffee to the corresponding level marked on the inside of the filter basket
- 8mm – 25 cups = 160-175g
- 16mm – 50 cups = 320-350g
- 24mm 75 cups = 480-525g
- 32mm 100 cups = 650-700g - These are rough guidelines and should only be adjusted to suit the coffee used and strength required
4. Cover the filter basket by the basket cover (number 2)
5. Slide the basket tray (number 4) onto the percolator tube and place inside the urn making sure that the foot of the tube is positioned centrally in the well.
6. Slide the filter basket with cover onto the percolator tube then replace the urn lid.
7. Plug the coffee percolator into the socket and press the power switch (number 12)
8. When the coffee ready neon (number 9) lights up, the brewing process is complete. The coffee will be kept at the correct temperature and the coffee can be served. The tap has two positions – one self-closing for smaller amounts and the other self-holding for continuous pouring.
9. When there are only about 3 cups left in the urn switch off the urn and unplug from the socket.
For best taste do not keep the coffee for longer than 2 hours
ELECTRIC TWIN RING
1. CONNECT THE APPLIANCE TO THE PLUG SOCKET
2. THE GREEN NEON WILL LIGHT UP
3. TURN THE CONTROL KNOB TO THE DESIRED TEMPRATURE IN WHICH YOU REQUIRE
HOT WATER URN 20 LITRE – CYGNET
1. Fill the urn up with water before switching the urn on.
- Do not fill the urn above the MAX capacity mark.
2. The Green power indicator will be illuminated whenever the urn is switched on. Once you have turned the urn on you can control the temperature by adjusting the knob settings to your requirements
Settings and there approximate water temperature
1 - 37˚C (99˚F)
2 - 55˚C (131˚F)
3 - 68˚C (155˚F)
4 - 82˚C (180˚F)
5-6 - 97˚C (207˚) THIS URN IS NOT INTENEDED TO KEEP BOILING WATER DUR TO THE HAZARDS OF STEAM AND WATER ESCAPING FROM UNDER THE LID!!!
- If you need to keep the water at an exact temperature use a thermometer to check. Stir the water before checking and once the required temperature has been reached turn the control knob slowly to the left until you hear a click from the thermostat and this will then cycle on and off to maintain the temperature.
Boil Dry Protection Switch
If the urn boils dry the urn has a cut-off switch in which needs to be reset manually before the urn can be used again and this is located underneath the urn.
- 1. Switch off the urn and unplug from mains
- 2. Allow to cool fully
- 3. Empty out the water
- 4. Press the reset switch
- 5. Refill the urn according to above instructions
- 6. Connect to mains supply
LARGE HOT CUPBOARD
OPERATING THE CABINET (not all units are heated)
1. Plug machine in to power supply. The red indicator light will show to indicate power to the unit.
2. Turn the cabinet dial to the required setting, the right hand side green lamp will show indicating power to the element, this will extinguish when the desired temperature is reached. This procedure will be repeated automatically as the thermostat maintains a constant temperature.The cabinet temperature is shown on the digital display on the fascia When loading the machine please leave some space around the rack to give good airflow, never cover racks with tin foil, otherwise the efficiency of the machine will be reduced.
OPERATING THE QUARTZ LAMP GANTRY (not all units come with gantry) Units which have quartz lamp gantry have two mains power cables.
1. Ensure both of the power cables are plugged in to the mains and turned on
2. To turn on the lamp gantry use the on/off switch on the fascia.
SMALL / UPRIGHT FRIDGE MANUAL
1. Plug the appliance into the power supply.
2. Make sure the door of the appliance is closed.
3. Set the temperature to the required setting
– 0 (off), 1 (cool) to 7 (cold)
1. Plug in the smoke machine
2. Wait 5 minutes for the liquid to heat up
3. Press the Red button on the remote control for smoke output. You can hang the smoke machine from either a ceiling, DJ Truss or T-Bar Stand. The bracket comes supplied with a hole to allow mounting of the fixture.
Please make sure the fixture is fitted tightly to whatever you are mounting it too.
1. Connect the appliance to mains power supply
2. Fill the outer container with approximately 600ml of water
3. Carefully place the inner container into the appliance.
- The inner container must NOT float even when empty. If the container floats reduce the amount of water in the outer container
4. Fill the inner container with hot soup and close the lid.
- If necessary remove any excess water from the outer container.
5. Set the temperature control. Temperature ranges from 1 (lowest) to 12 (highest)
6. The power light will come on and the kettle will begin to heat up.
- Kettle is NOT to heat food from cold.
7. Reduce the temperature to maintain heat levels (lowest recommended)
8. Use a suitable implement to remove the contents of the kettle.
- DO NOT tip the kettle to remove the contents.
9. To turn off the appliance set the temperature to “0”
- DO NOT move or carry the appliance whilst there is hot liquid inside or the appliance is switched on.
Each oven should be connected to an adequately protected power supply and an isolation switch mounted adjacent to, but not behind the oven and must be readily accessible to the operator. This switch must be clearly marked and readily accessible in case of fire.
Check the electricity supply is correct to as shown on the Technical Data Plate on the front right hand corner of the oven side panel.
Ensure that the oven is fitted with the appropriate power cord and plug.
Positioning and Levelling of Oven
1. Correctly locate the oven into its final operating position and using a spirit level, adjust the oven feet so that the oven is level and at the correct height.
Before using the new oven;
1. For first time use of the oven, operate the oven for about 1 hour at 200°C / 400°F to remove any fumes or odours which may be present.
2. Please refer to the Operation Section of this manual for details on how to correctly operate and shutdown the oven.
Commissioning Before leaving the new installation; Check the oven functions in accordance with the operating instructions specified in the ‘Operation’ section of this manual. Ensure that the operator has been instructed in the areas of correct operation and shutdown procedure for the appliance.
NOTE: If for some reason it is not possible to get the appliance to operate correctly, turn off the power supply at the mains supply and contact the supplier of this appliance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO HEATERS ARE CHECKED AND TESTED IN OUR WAREHOUSE BEFORE EACH HIRE, YOUR DELIVERY DRIVER CHECKS THEM AGAIN WHEN LOADING AND THEY ARE TESTED AGAIN WHEN DELIVERED AND IN PUT IN POSITION AT THE VENUE.
IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT A RESPONSIBLE PERSON SHOULD BE ON SITE TO TAKE DELIVERY AS WE WILL DEMONSTRATE HOW TO OPERATE THE HEATERS AND THIS PERSON MUST BE ON SITE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT PERIOD.
PROPANE PATIO HEATER - LIGHTING AND SHUTDOWN
WARNINGS: DO NOT use in an explosive atmosphere. Keep heater away from areas where flammable liquids or vapours are stored or used.
1. TURN OFF gas at tap in gas bottle when the heater is not in use.
2. DO NOT alter unit in any manner or bypass safety valve.
3. DO NOT operate heater without the reflector.
4. ALWAYS place heater on a hard and level surface.
5. DO NOT use if wind velocity is greater than 10 mph because of flame-out possibility.
6. ALWAYS Wait 5 min. to relight a hot patio heater.
Before Turning the Gas Supply "ON":
1. INSPECT hose assembly for excessive wear or cuts.
2. REPLACE a leaking hose prior to use with a hose that meets manufacturer specifications.
3. CHECK that surrounding area is free of combustible materials.
LP Gas Hook up:
1. The patio heater holds a 13kg.gas cylinder in the base.
2. Remove door, place cylinder into the base and attach regulator.
3. Let burner cool approximately 20 min. before touching base assembly.
4. Always ensure that there is ample fresh air ventilation.
1. Check that regulator connections are correct and tight.
2. Turn tank valve in a counter clockwise direction. Check for leaks by applying soapy water to connections (Teflon tape provides a leak-proof fit.)
3. Turn control knob counter clockwise to the pilot position.
4. Depress and hold in control knob to begin pilot gas flow: Hold in control knob for 3 minutes on new installations or tank changes to purge air from lines, or 20 seconds for regular relight. While depressing knob, depress igniter button, which will snap indicating it has produced a spark, which should light the pilot. If not, depress control again and depress the auto pilot igniter (White heaters) until lit or match light (Silver heaters). Pilot is located behind match hole cover. Rotate disc upward from hole for access.
5. Once pilot is lit, continue to hold in control knob for 30 seconds or until pilot remains lit after knob is released.
6. Turn burner to "ON" position (all the way counter clockwise) and then reduce to desired heat range.
1. Turn control knob to off position.
2. Wait 5 minutes before attempting to relight pilot.
3. Repeat steps beginning with step 4 above.
1. Turn control knob clockwise to "OFF" position.
2. Turn bottle gas tap clockwise to "OFF" when heater is not in use.